Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro
Fujifilm announces the development of the much anticipated follow-up to the FinePix S3 Pro DSLR, the Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro. The new Fujifilm S5 Pro is an important step in continuing with the company’s goals for achieving professional DSLR image quality consistent with Fujifilm’s professional film heritage. The increased dynamic range from the Super CCD SR double pixel technology (6.17 million S-pixels and 6.17 million R-pixels) became popular in the FinePix S3 Pro with portrait and wedding photographers. The Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro continues these advancements by coupling the proven Super CCD SR Pro with the companies new Real Photo Processor Pro for even more outstanding film-like results.
Fujifilm S5 Pro SLR - Super CCD SR
The two technologies will be married together in a fully digital and durable metal alloy body frame. This opens the door for Fujifilm’s technologies to expand into other venues such as outdoor and high endurance commercial photography. The Real Photo Technology Pro, which combines the Super CCD SR Pro and the RP Processor Pro, allows for the greater dynamic range with smoother tonality from highest to shadow. The re-designed new Super CCD SR Pro features an optimized low-pass filter, will reduce the noise and minimize moiré.
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro DSLR - Dynamic range
The newly developed RP (Real Photo) Processor Pro features two cycles of noise reduction which enables photographers to take images at even higher sensitivities (ISO 100 to ISO 3200) with clearly reduced noise. For even greater creative control over the Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro’s dynamic range, photographers can now choose from up to six preset ranges between 100% and 400%. For improved reproduction of natural skin tones, three new variations of the original F1 film simulation mode have been added (five modes in total).
Fuji FinePix S5 Pro digital SLR - Face Detection
Uniquely developed Face Detection Technology LSI is under development for the Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro. With one press of the button, the camera detects up to ten faces nearly instantly after each image is captured. After shooting and during playback, the photographers can easily and quickly zoom in and confirm facial detail such as closed eye, focus and exposure on the LCD monitor.
Fujifilm S5 Pro features
• Nikon F-mount compatibility for all functionality with all Nikkor AF-D/G and AF-S optics
• RAW+JPEG (4,256X2,848 pix., 3,024X2,016 pix., 2,304X1,536 pix.) dual-save mode
• MAC & PC supported tethered shooting mode via USB 2.0 and HyperUtility software
• Robust lightweight magnesium-alloy body
• Durable shutter unit stands up to approximately 100,000 releases
• Adoption of high-precision i-TTL flash control
• 11-point AF sensor with faster Auto focusing than FinePix S3 Pro
• Supports 1/3, ½, and 1 stop lens aperture control
• Shutter speed 30 sec. to 1/8000 sec., maximum flash sync speed of 1/250 sec.
• Remark function enables addition of comments via a special bar code reader
• 3 levels of custom Function Locking with password protection
• 2.5 inch LCD with 235,000 pixels
• LCD with 100% frame coverage featuring color and monochromatic
• 30 seconds, live View function to check the focusing
• Li-ion rechargeable battery
• CompactFlash (CF) Card (Type Ⅰ/Ⅱ) and Microdrive compatible
FinePix S5 Pro SLR - Optional accessories
• LAN Adapter to send image data at high speed over wireless LAN or Ethernet
• New Hyper Utility Software gives precise control for editing CCD-RAW 14 bit images
• Enable the Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro to be controlled by PC
• Rechargeable Battery
• Battery Charger
• AC Power Adapter