Sigma 150mm macro lens
News report Photokina - Sigma is pleased to announce the new Sigma APO Macro 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM lens. The Sigma 150mm Macro is a large aperture medium telephoto Macro lens which incorporates Sigma’s original Optical Stabilizer function. The successor to the Sigma APO Macro 150mm F2.8 EX DG HSM, introduced to market in October 2004, offers the latest optical design technology and weather-resistant design throughout for use in harsh conditions. A floating focusing system moves two different lens groups in the optical path to different positions. This system compensates for astigmatic aberration and spherical aberration and provides extremely high optical performance from infinity to 1:1 Macro.
Sigma 150mm specifications
• Lens Construction : 19 Elements in 13 Groups
• Angle of View : 16.4 degrees
• Number of blades : 9 pcs (Rounded diaphragm)
• Minimum Aperture : F22
• Minimum Focusing Distance : 38cm / 15in.
• Maximum Magnification : 1:1
• Filter Size Diameter : 72mm
• Lens Hood : Bayonet Type (LH780-05) supplied
• Dimensions : Diameter 79.6mm × Length 150mm / 3.1in.×5.9in.
• Weigh : TBD
Sigma 150mm lens accessories
• Sigma DG UV 72 mm
• Sigma DG WIDE CIRCULAR PL 72 mm
• Sigma Tripot Socket TS-21 (Supplied)
• Sigma Tripot Socket TS-41
• Sigma lens hood LH780-05 (Supplied)
• Sigma Hood Adapter HA780-01 (Supplied)
• Sigma APO Tele Converter 1.4x EX DG
• Sigma APO Tele Converter 2x EX DG
Sigma 150mm lens features
Three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements provide excellent correction of all types of aberrations and the Super Multi-Layer Coating reduces flare and ghosting. The new Sigma 150mm macro lens has superior peripheral brightness and provides sharp and high contrast images even at the maximum apertures. Equipped with Sigma’s own proprietary OS (Optical Stabilizer) function, this Sigma 150mm Macro lens offers the use of shutter speeds approximately 4 stops slower than would otherwise be possible. The HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) ensures quiet and high speed autofocus as well as full time manual focus capability. The Sigma 150mm macro lens has a rounded 9 blade diaphragm creating a smooth blur to the out of focus areas of the image. It is also possible to use this Sigma Macro lens with Sigma’s optional APO Tele Converters.